Club: Windsor Bowls Club
Bowl Used: Edge Factor/Edge Raptor
Why do you use Edge Bowls? My Edge Factors are great to use on fast and synthetic greens with a very predictable line, whereas the Raptors perform very well on some of the slower greens we have here in Brisbane. I’ve used Edge Bowls for the past 9 years.
How and when did you start bowling? I started playing Bowls in 2001. It was when I first met my husband who had been playing for about 30 years and he got me interested in the game and of course I can’t stay away from it now – I just love playing bowls!!
- QLD Team – Playing in the Australian Senior Sides Championships 2016, 2017 and 2018. Gold Medal Winners 2016, 2017
- Australian Open 2018 Over 60’s Ladies Pairs Semi-finalists
- State Championships 2017 Mixed Pairs Semi-finalists
- State Championships 2018 Ladies 4’s Semi-finalists
- Champion of Champions Mixed Pairs State Playoffs – 2015
- Champion of Champions Ladies Pairs State Playoffs – 2015
- QLD District Sides 2009 – 2019
- Brisbane District Singles Champion 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Brisbane District 4’s Champions 2015
- Brisbane District Triples Champions 2017
- Brisbane District Player of the Year 2015, 2017, 2018
- 25 Club Championships – Singles, Pairs, Fours, Triples & Mixed
- Test Series 2018 - Bowls Queensland President X11 Team –v- Australian Defence Force Team
Which bowlers do you enjoy playing with or against? Playing with my Queensland Team mates has been so enjoyable and competing against the best Senior Sides from the other states is just such a challenge.
What would you do if you weren’t bowling? Travelling to parts of Australia that I haven’t been to visit.
What is your biggest accomplishment in bowls to date? Being selected to represent Queensland has been such a journey for me and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it.
What would be your ultimate bowls achievement? To win an Australian Open event would be a dream come true but just to achieve a little more this year than last year sounds good.
Do you have any heroes or people who inspire you? Dennis, my husband who is a top level lawn bowls Coach has been there for me from day one. His coaching has been one of the major factors in my successes and he has always been there on the sideline with his patience, encouragement and support.
Do you have a saying or motto that you live your life by? Just waking up in the morning thinking this is a brand new day is always a good thing for me along with a verse that I read in a novel that really stuck in my mind and I try to do it in championship games: “It’s all about emptying your head of excess noise and thoughts and concentrating on what really needs your attention” - Getting close to that little white Jack down the other end.
What song best describes your work ethic? We Are The Champions - Queen
VIEW FULL GEE UP. PRE-GAME playlist >
What’s the most interesting, non-bowls related thing about you? Researching into our family’s history (Scottish and French) and finding out about places and previously unknown relatives has been an interesting journey. There are always some surprises!!