Bowl Used: Edge Raptor - Size 4.
Why do you use Edge Bowls? I like the Edge bowl as it fits well in my hand, and has a grip that suits me. I also like the Edge direct line to the Jack. I have found that the Edge Raptor has an arc that I like.
How and when did you start bowling? In 2011, my husband Robert encouraged me to start bowling. He of course plays and has achieved a lot in the game. I had made a good recovery following major knee surgery as a result of an injury I received playing netball in 2000, and in 2011, realising I couldn’t play netball forever (I went kicking and screaming really) to try lawn bowls. It took me a while to adjust to the difference in ‘pace’ from netball, but found that I really enjoyed playing.
- Selected in the QLD State Senior Side - 2014, 1016, 2017, 2018
- Selected in North QLD Side 2018 – (North QLD v South v QLD Competition)
- Runner up in Australian Open Over 60’s pairs 2018 & 2017
- QLD Qualifier for Australian Indoor Championship 2017 & 2018
- Runner up in State Champion of Club Champion Singles - 2018
- Runner up QLDState Championship Fours 2018
- Winner QLD State Championship Ladies’ Over 60’s pairs 2017
- Runner-up QLD State Championship Over 60’s pairs 2016
- Winner Club Championship Singles - 2018, 2015, 2014
- Winner numerous Club Championships, and Champions of Club Champion titles in Pairs, Triples & Fours - at all levels.
Which bowlers do you enjoy playing with or against? I loved playing with Christina Pavlov in the Over 60’s pairs in the Aussie Open in 2018. We were runners-up. Chrissy has so much experience and is so supportive and encouraging.
I also love playing against high profile bowlers when I get the chance; Chloe Stewart, Kristina Kristic and Lynsey Clarke. It was also a fantastic opportunity and experience to play against the ‘Aussie Girls’ in the QLD State Fours Quarter final this year. Playing high level players is very motivating to me.
What would you do if you weren’t bowling? I think I would be doing a lot of fishing at the beach!
What is your biggest accomplishment in bowls to date? Representing QLD State in the Australian Senior Sides Championships.
What would be your ultimate bowls achievement? To win a Gold Medal for Australia!
Do you have any heroes or people who inspire you? My husband Robert inspires me. He is extremely patient, has helped and supported me so much. He watches me play a lot and continues to encourage me. Brett Wilkie is one of my heroes and has inspired me to be the best that I can be. I admire his tenacity and dedication to the game.
Do you have a saying or motto that you live your life by? I try to make the most of every opportunity that comes my way, as we only get one chance at this life.
What song best describes your work ethic? When You Believe by Whitney Houston
VIEW FULL GEE UP. PRE-GAME playlist >
What’s the most interesting, non-bowls related thing about you? As an Operating Theatre Nurse, I have worked in a few different states, with many interesting stories to tell about my time working in the Pilbara and Kimberleys! I'm also a qualified Music Teacher (Piano and Flute) and have worked in schools and from home, as a private teacher.